Sunday 30 August 2009

Wine Tasting, Sheds and more

The Bank Holiday weekend is here, where has the Summer gone. We had a show near Paignton on Friday evening, so, because of the Bank Holiday traffic, we decided to travel down on Thursday. My mate, Bill, owns a Pub with a hotel in Ivybridge, it's called The Sportsmans Inn. We rang him to say we would be in the area on Thursday evening and were booked into his hotel without even asking! Here's the thing, he was having a wine tasting evening in the pub, and we were invited. We had a great night, and I even got up and did a short 10 minute set. But I had a sensible head on as I had to work the next day. Steve enjoyed more of the wine than I did, in fact he enjoyed most of my wine as well as his!!!!! It was nice to see some of our friends that we know from that area, including Martin, who is an Insurance Man and a part time Comedian. He tells us all that his act is mainly 1970's Knob Gags, he's not lying!
Friday saw us at a holiday park in Totnes near Paignton. We were doing the show for an old friend, Dickie Mellor, who is an act, but he's turned into a "Caravan Salesman." The park he works on is stunning, with a mixture of Static Caravans and Lodges. I had a bit of fun with all the owners during the show. I kept calling the Lodges, "Sheds." They took it all in fun, and we had a fun evening. I have to say that the Lodges were fantastic. The one we had was luxurious and even had a hot tub on the patio.
Saturday saw us at "Warners" Holm Lacey Hotel, near Hereford. We drove back to Blackpool straight after the show. I'm at another Holiday Park near Blackpool tonight, and back on the Pier on Wednesday.
Have a nice Bank Holiday,

Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment