Tuesday 29 September 2009

Latest news

I can't believe it's almost October. It only seems like 5 minutes since we started the "Summer Season" show at The North Pier (Blackpool). I used to enjoy a leisurely stroll down the pier in the evening sunshine, but now I just get blown down there. It amazes me that people come down there to see a show, but they do. I always go into the Theatre bar after the show to meet the audience. I love chatting with everyone, and meet some really nice people. Everyone comments on how much they have enjoyed the show. I have to say, it's fun to do, and all the cast love doing it.
I missed one show this month due to a prior commitment. This was a cruise ship, which I joined in Talin. If nothing else, this job does help your knowledge of geography. I had a great cabin, and used my time on board to relax and catch up with some films. Then it was straight back to the pier, and then on to a "Civic' do at "Barnsley Metrodome." I did offer to put the Mayor's Gold Chain of Office into one of those bags, and send it off to get some "Cash for Gold!" I thought we could share it, but he wasn't having any of it. When times are hard, you've got to look for opportunities!
I have also recorded an interview with my mate, Johnny Vegas, for a Radio 4 documentry about comedy and the comedians who work in Benidorm. It goes out in November. On that note, I'm away on another cruise ship on Thursday, so I will have to Sky Plus the new series of Benidorm on Friday. This has to be the funniest thing on TV at the moment.
Take care,
Mick

3 comments:

  1. Caught the show at the North Pier whilst in Blackpool - it was excellent! - Nice to see there was a fair few in there despite it lashing down and reducing the pier to a skid pan outside. Has advertised the same show over here in Benidorm for the 29th October, - in "Lucky´s", this is a new one on me. Is it in the Marina Hotel? Is it possible to watch the show without having the meal? (45 euro).
    Kev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are bringing a version of the show over to Benidorm. It might be tempting fate by presenting it in The Titanic Suite, but we're going to give it a go. At the moment, it is just a one off show, so spread the word, and don't miss it.
    To be honest, I don't have anything to do with ticket sales, so you will have to check with the venue to see if you can get an "Admission Only" ticket. I would imagine that it would be possible.
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right you are Mick, - thanks for the reply.

    ReplyDelete